Wednesday, December 30, 2009

MUUUM! D:<

GOSH. Don't you just HATE it when somebody goes and destroys you childhood mementoes when it has NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM and it wasn't hurting them in any way??

BAH. Ok, in year 2 or something I got this crab sticker for being the first student to get 100% in a spelling test, or some other kind of little kid academic achievement. Or it might have been for something lousy like sitting up straight with my arms folded and legs crossed, I don't remember. I just remember I got that crab sticker for an achievement in school when I was little.
AND it wasn't just one of those 2d sucky stickers that peel off whatever you stick them on the next day. It was made of foam and the crab was red with orange claws and it had those awesome googly craft eyes that moved when you shook them.
I was thrilled. When I got home, I stuck it on my light switch (okok, so it's a weird place to stick a trophy sticker but that's what I did) I had one of those big light switch things so there was loads of room for a crab sticker.
Anyway, the crab stayed there for a couple of years when it finally fell of and curled up and pretty much died, it was so old. And I chucked it in the bin. It was sad. BUT despite the fact that the crab was gone, its longering presence remained - a dark crab shaped smudge of dirt on the light switch pad. You know when you stick a sticker somewhere, and where you peel it off, it leaves that mark? Sometimes you get the mark with glue as well. Anyway, the point being that the crab was gone, but it's memory - a sticky crab shaped dirt patch - remained.

WELL NOT ANYMORE D:

Today mum took the honours of spraying the light switch pad with windex and wiping off the crab mark. And now it's as clean and blank as a normal light switch pad. Way to go mum, destroy my precious memories, why not? -______-

I'm not happy. Not happy at all.

No comments: