Monday, November 16, 2009

Disney Princesses II

Continuation of previous blog entry Dizz Royalty. If you don't know how to read it, just scroll down. If you don't know how to read, then I'm sorry, but I can't help you.

So, after reading that, I continue with Aurora, Belle, Jasmine and Mulan.



Aurora:
Hair as gold as sunshine, blah blah blah. You know, I once had a sleeping beauty barbie doll that had a switch on her back, and it controlled her eyes which opened and shut. And she also came with this little pillow that played the theme song when you pressed it in the middle. I think Aurora’s not much good, to be honest. For starters, she was raised by three good fairies – and I’m pretty sure the whole 16 years she lived with them, she had no idea they were actually fairies. And then next, she falls in love with this random stranger she met ‘once upon a dream’ and then cries because she is already arranged to marry some other total stranger and then gets hypnotized and pricks her finger on a spinning wheel and falls asleep for about an hour (as opposed to 100 years) before being kissed (ps. Resurrection with a kiss #2) and living happily ever after.
You also can’t help noticing that she is the princess with the most names. Aurora, Sleeping Beauty and Rose or Briar Rose. Either she was very important, or her parents just couldn’t make up their minds. She has so many identities, I’d bet Jason Bourne would love to be her for a day.



Belle:
I always liked Belle. Probably because she was smart, and brave, and kind and she could see past looks. But, on the other hand, Beauty and the beast is just the teensiest bit impossible. It would be like if Megan Fox fell for Taylor Lautner in wolf form... and that would be just wrong. But anyway, Belle was sometimes over curious (if someone 7 foot tall furry beast with fangs told you to stay out of the west wing, would it really kill you just to do what you’re told?) but other than that, I think she was cool. I love her hair and the yellow dress. I used to have a belle dress. There’s a picture of me in it in my mum’s room, ho ho ho.

(AAAArgh!!! Pics not working anymore??!!!)



Jasmine:
I liked Jasmine too, because she stood up for herself and refused to be pushed around, and in the end, got her little happily ever after. I think she’s gotten the prettiest Disney princess eyes, since most of the rest are all drawn the same. Yah, so thumbs up for Jasmine! Oh, and she’s a good actress...I think. I mean, if an animated cartoon can be a good actress. Except what happened to her voice in Aladdin 2? It went high and creepy like *shudder*

Fa Mulan:
I saved the best for last J
Mulan is the awesomest Disney girl, and even though she isn’t a princess, she still rocks. I mean come on, she set a matchmaker on fire, she dressed as a dude to take her dad’s place, she trained in the army, she climbed to the top of a huge pole, she fought for her country, caused an avalanche, robbed an evil guy of victory, and saved the whole of china by strapping the villain to a set of fireworks. Seriously, you just don’t get any cooler than that!
However, it’s based on a true story I think, except the real Mulan died in battle L

So... a vote now! Who’s YOU’RE favourite of the lot?

No comments: